Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ancestry

I think that everyone wonders about their ancestry from time to time, and I have been thinking about mine off and on for a number of years. A couple of months ago, while looking for a book on the library website, I noticed the link to Ancestry. I clicked on it and quickly found a small clue to my family history. As I continued to look, I just became hooked! Since that time, I have been spending every available minute looking through censuses and old birth and death records. My Mom suggested that I call my aunt, whom she thought had done some research, so I did. She informed me that the family in Greenwood, had already done the research and had written a book. I was so excited I almost died. So, I started looking back through my notes for phone numbers, and I found one that I thought my put me in touch. Long story, short, I called a lady in North Carolina, told her who I was, and discovered that she was my Aunt, and that she had been the one who had done the history. I don't know who was happier, me or her. She told me that she would send me her book on a disc, and I told her I would try and fill in any blanks that she needed from my Dad's family. I am so excited that this wonderful thing has happened, and I feel that the Lord has blessed me tremendously. Lila is just the sweetest person on the phone, and she sent me the sweetest email and welcomed me to HER family. I will continue to post as things progress, and I get more information on the family. I do know now, from Lila, that as I had always been told, we are of German descent (sp?). This is so exciting!

1 comment:

Cory said...

German huh??......Now I know where that evil streak comes from.:)