Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Wrap

Happy Friday! Looking forward to the weekend. I had planned to make blankets for both of my grandchildren for Christmas, but just did not have the time. So, now I have decided to try and start working on the blankets, and since I don't have a deadline, such as Christmas, I can get them done.

I have decided on a cute granny square blanket for Anna. I found the pattern on Ravelry, but it is a Lion Brand pattern. It is called Sweet Pea and here is a picture:



I haven't decided on the colors yet, but I think that she will love it.

I am looking for something for Brian. Any suggestions? He is 5 years old and loves trains, trucks, construction equipment and cars. I made quilts for both of them when they were born, but I want to make them soft and snuggly blankets.

I would love for all of you to give me your suggestions for a good blanket for Brian.

2 comments:

agd509 said...

I am doing the same thing for my children! I finished my 5 year old daughter's blanket. Here's a link to my project page. I am making this one for my 18 month old daughter and this one for my 10 year old son. Now I have to figure out what to make my 2 1/2 year old son! I know what colors I am using. I may go with the Rock-a-Star for him. (link below)

Does he like Spiderman? If so, there is a great web blanket pattern on Ravelry. There is both a crochet version and a knit version.

I also like these star blankets for a boy: Chromium, 8 point, and Rock-a-Star

dacg said...

This is so pretty....