Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowy in the South


We still have a ton of snow and ice and it doesn't look as if it will be melting anytime soon. Predictions are that we will be getting more. We have not had this kind of weather in the South in a long time.
Here is a pic of my best bud playing in the snow yesterday!


I found this article on Knitty that I think would be excellent for those of you who are learning or want to learn to knit socks. Take a look: Socks 101
Another good source for learning to knit socks is Ann Budd's book Getting Started Knitting Socks. It was my go to source when I was learning and it has great beginner patterns.

3 comments:

agd509 said...

Thanks for the link! With another snow day here in GA I think I may just try one of these little socks!

Pretentious Wombat said...

I think the first book I bought that was strictly about socks was Folk Socks by Nancy Bush. I loved the way she gave you directions for a selection of heels and toes. I think that's why I never really felt intimidated about designing my own socks. Also, Cool Socks - Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby was one of my early favourites. Of course, the library has grown substantially since those purchases. :-D

Lynn said...

Nancy Bush is such a great teacher! I agree with you that her directions are just fabulous!