Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dads! I am making my sweetie's favorite, Cinnamon Rolls! We have new family member, his name is Elvis(which I am hoping to change, but he has had it since birth). He is an adorable 9 year old Shih Tzu that we adopted from rescue. He is just so sweet and so loving. He will be such a good addition to our family. Randy says he will be my "Therapy Dog". I believe that could be true! I am still working on the Secret Garden Project, but it is slow, because I am taking out almost as much as I am putting in. I can't get some of the colors as I want them, and I can't get some of the stitches to look as smooth as I would like. This project is very special to me and it is definitely testing my abilities as an embroiderer. I am working on another project for my children for Christmas, but can't reveal that here. I have been cooking and baking a lot, and that is therapy for me also. I really love doing it and the food is so delicious! Anna will be here in another week. She is staying with us for a week while Brian is at camp. I am going to try and teach her to knit while she is here. I want to teach her all the sewing and needlework skills that I know. I did not have the Mother and Grandmother's who knitted and sewed, so I want to make sure that Anna and Addie have the opportunity to learn while they are young. Til tomorrow~~~

No comments: