Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Dad

Today is the 14th anniversary of my Father's passing, and I still miss him so much. He was a loving, affectionate person who never failed to kiss me goodnight, and always listened to me no matter how much I babbled. My Dad was strong and independent, proud and patriotic. He served in the Armed Forces and worked his whole life to make things good for my brothers and me. He came from a big family, as people of his generation did, and grew up in poverty in the South Carolina Upstate. He was generous, good looking and had a great sense of humor, and was the BEST poker player I ever knew. No one could beat him, and if you tried, he left with your money, and you were left wondering what happened. The world is somehow not quite right without him here, and though my brothers and I are getting older, we still seem like kids to me when I see pictures of my Dad, and I remember all the wonderful times that I had with him. I love you Daddy, and I miss you bunches! I blow you thousands of kisses in heaven!

No comments: