Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Afternoon

I love Sunday afternoons. I am alone this afternoon as Randy is gone to play golf. I have been outside starting cuttings and weeding the garden. I came in and made some lunch and now I am fresh from the shower watching Titanic and writing in my blog. I am feeling so sad about Jessie Davis. She was such a pretty girl with a nice smile. I am trying to understand how something like this happens. Her mother and father are devastated, I am sure. I pray that they will be able to cope with pain. These kinds of things are so hard to understand, but then I guess we are not supposed to understand them. The weather is hot, but beautiful, and I am hoping that we will be able to scare up a thunderstorm this afternoon. We need the rain so much. I have new perennials that I put in this spring, and I am so afraid that the drought will get them. We are under a water restriction, so I can only water on certain days at certain times.

I have been under alot of stress lately about many things, and I have decided to do something about the ones that I can do something about. My first one is downsizing. I have so much stuff in this house that I do not need, and I think that it is time to get rid of most of it. I think that you should have only what you use and love, everything else should go. So, I am planning a big garage sale on the Saturday after the Independence holiday, and I am getting rid of so much stuff!!! Second thing, is money. I have decided that if I want to retire in 7 years, I have to start working on the making sure that I have the money that I need. I can't count on being able to sell vegetables and flowers, that needs to be extra money. So, I am starting a campaign to stop spending, pay off debt and really fattening up my savings. It will take some discipline and work, but I am determined to do it. I want to retire in 7 years, completely debt free. I know that I can do it.

No comments: