Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ancestry Update!

Today is my Daddy's birthday, he would have been 76. Time really flies, doesn't it? Well, here is the latest on my ancestry. I am German.....my original ancestor, Wilheim Roth, came to the US in 1742 as a poor Lutheran. He settled in Kirksey Township, and our family began. He married Maria Durst, and changed his name to William Rhodes, which is the American translation of Roth. I have been researching, and trying to take another direction, searching for my Mother's family and also my paternal grandmother's family. Discovered that I am John F. Kennedy's 10th cousin. I was thrilled to say the least, because he is one of my heroes. Now, I just need to figure out where my paternal grandmother's family came from. My Mother's original ancestor came Shropshire, England, so I guess that makes us German/English. Will update more later.

No comments: