Saturday, March 16, 2013

Socks Rock!

My first pair of toe up socks are coming along great! I am so happy with them. I have finished the first one, just needs top ribbing and bind off. I am about half way up the foot on the second one, and feel it will be even better than the first one. I do have an error in the first one. When I did the wrap and turns on the heel, I did not knit them correctly. I know the mistake that I made now, so I won't make that mistake on the second sock. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Sheperd Sock and it is a dream to knit. I am using the basic pattern from Wendy Johnson's book, Socks from the Toe Up. Wendy writes great patterns and instructions. Once these socks are finished, I am going to make a pair with a pattern. I really do like toe up much better than cuff down. Let's face it, folks, I am a sock junkie! Til tomorrow~~~

No comments: