Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Holidays

Well, it is December 11 and I can't tell you what happened between today and August 28. That was the last time that I posted. My Mom's dementia is getting worse every day. I am amazed at how fast she has regressed. It is a full time job just taking care of her, and I still work full time. So, needless to say, I have been a little busy. But, I need outlets for my energy and creativity, little as there is, so I am going to try in January to start blogging at least once a week. Just to keep up with all my blogging friends and to feel sort of like a normal person. The holidays are here and I have done very little decorating. As much as I love the season, I am just not inspired to go all out. We had Christmas with our children and grandchildren, 4 of the 5 anyway, this past weekend and it was the best weekend I have had in a very long time. Peaceful, noisy, friendly, warm and inviting. It was wonderful! All that we have left now, is company parties and hopefully they will be over this weekend. We will be home free after that. I think it will be a little sad on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day that it will only be the 3 of us, but we will make the best of it, and hopefully, get some needed rest. I am off to start my day! Take care~~~

1 comment:

Indigo Blue said...

Hi Good to hear from you Lynn.
My Gran did not have dementia but she has other health issues and my Mum and Dad looked after her for about 20 years until she passed away. It is not at all easy and even though I was not the one looking after her as such due to my age at the time, I saw how it affected my parents. So sending hugs to you and I shall look forward to any posts that you write. Take care both of you.
xx