Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Things I Would Like to Accomplish in 2009

  • I would really like to do more volunteer work at 12Stone. I do as much as I can now, but I feel that I could and should do more.
  • Ok, I admit it. I have gained a few pounds that I need to get rid of. It seems that exercise takes a back seat to all the other things I have going on, so I am going to try and get back to the gym more often. I have already started eating healthier and less. I am doing alot of Weight Watchers recipes and also the High Blood Pressure recipes.
  • To improve my knitting - I want to be able to be as good at knitting as I am at crocheting, and to also maybe teach a crochet class. I think I would really enjoy that.
  • To Make More Time for Quilting - I have not completed a quilt in several months due to the fact that I really have had no place to sew. You would think that with this big house, I could find a place to set up my studio, but there is no place. So, I thought it was time to take matters into my own hands and make this happen. I ordered a sewing center from JoAnn online, and it arrived just before Christmas. It will keep my machine and all my tools and projects in one very well organized place.
  • Organize More - I still have some areas of my home, office and life that need additional organizing, and I would like to get that done in 2009. It would be great to start the new year in 2010 organized and happy.
  • More Time with Family and Friends - It seems that since our children are divided between 4 states, my family being in South Carolina and California, Randy's in Mississippi and us in Atlanta, it gets more and more difficult to spend time with our children and our extended families. In a perfect world, we would all live in the same state, same town even, but we all know that the world is not perfect. I do have a family blog called "Everyday is a Winding Road". But, even with that, I can't always keep everyone in touch with Randy and me, and the other family members. So, one of my TO DO's is to find a way to spend more time with my family and friends. I am open to suggestions from any of you who are in the same position as me.
  • Really work in my herb and flower gardens. They need to have plants added, plants moved, plants divided and some other things. I need to make compost and compost tea, add some fresh top soil, and do cuttings.
  • Family Pictures and Scrapbooking - This year I will get all the photos and mementos organized and into scrap books. It is a BIG task, but Randy has agreed to help me, so I think I can get it done by the holidays 2009.
  • And, last but not least, to work more on my Family History. I have so much work to do on this........research, talking to relatives...... it seems like the more I do, the more I find, and it just goes on and on.

1 comment:

gin said...

You have some great goals listed. And if you are like me, at least those goals will give you something to work toward. Even if you accomplish only a portion of them consider yourself one busy lady.