Saturday, August 1, 2009

Knitting Projects


I am making this prayer shawl for my Mom for her birthday. It is my first shawl and also the first real pattern that I have done. It is turning out great! It is a much prettier pattern than the picture when it is actually done. I hope that she will like it, and I hope that I can get it finished before her birthday, which is August 9!






I am also working on my first pair of 2 At a Time socks. This is a technique by Melissa Morgan-Oakes that makes knitting socks so much easier, and eliminates the dreaded "Second Sock Syndrome". I had some problems with the technique, but one of my friends, Mary Ellen, helped me figure it out. I can't wait to finish them. They are for me!





I also made a knitting roll up for my needles. It was my first try at making one and I think it turned out pretty good. I used the tutorial on Multicrafty's blog. Click here for the pattern. The tutorial was easy to follow and I really enjoyed making it.

I am about to start on sweaters for Anna and Brian. And, I am thinking about knitting stockings for them to hang at my house instead of the ones that I bought. I love handmade things.

I guess that catches me up for now.

til tomorrow~








No comments: