Saturday, January 12, 2013

Home Sick (Written on Tuesday)

I am at home today, very sick with a sinus infection. Went to the DR yesterday and she gave me the usual, steriods and a z-pac. I feel as if my head may explode any minute, and the ringing in my ears is so loud, it is annoying. She said I had fluid in both ears, so that is probably why. I decided to take a few minutes to blog while I was up getting something to drink. The toe-up socks are going pretty good. I am using a worsted weight yarn since it is easier to handle. I am surprised at how different the patterns can be written though. I have tried several toes and I am hooked on Judy's Magic Cast-on and knitting in the front and back on the increases. It looks great, it is smooth, and make a beautiful toe. My sweet DIL asked me to knit her another pair of socks and she loves the chunky ones, so I think when I do those for her, they will be my first pair of toe up. I am looking forward to OPAM2013, which will begin the end of January. I am going to work hard to finish more items for my list this year, and I am going to try and do more embroidery and quilting. I have not done much of either the last couple of years, and I am anxious to try and get back to it.

No comments: