Monday, July 27, 2009

The Plan

Well, I am having to change the plan yet again, but I think I will be able to do it much easier this time. I am beginning to get really good at this, and I am so happy! I went to Aldi this morning and this is what I got:
Total - $31.39. I also got a dozen eggs that are not in the picture. I am learning that Aldi far surpasses even Walmart. They don't have as good a selection as I would like, but they far make up for it with the bargains that I get. Today, I bought boneless chicken breasts and center cut pork chops. Both look really fresh and delicious. I have plenty of staples in the pantry and I think that I might be able to feed Randy and me this whole week, without going back to the store, except maybe for milk or bread.

And speaking of bread, I read an article about making a starter for sourdough bread from organic red cabbage. Anyone familiar with this? I am thinking of giving it a shot. I haven't made bread in many years, but I haven't forgotten how wonderful it is.

I am working on the new plan this week, as well as the August spending plan, and cleaning the house from the party on Saturday, which, by the way, was a great success. I have plenty to do this week, and I feel that next week, I will go to orientation and start working at Publix. This will be a truly new experience for me, but I am looking forward to it. I will be making about 1/3 of what I made before, but I have found, as Angela says, I don't need that much. It is a low stress job and I think it will be a fun one. It is funny how you can really live on less if you want to. I am hoping to retire in 2 more years, even though I won't be old enough, and can't get Social Security. I want to spend more time with my family and my grandchildren.

til tomorrow~

No comments: