Saturday, September 27, 2008

Knots of Yarn

I was over on Ravelry and learned that Knots of Yarn in Cumming, GA is closing. It's very sad. We knitters, crocheters and quilters all need our shops and when they close, it is a very sad day. Recently, Share the Spirit Quilt and Yarn Shop in downtown Duluth closed and it was such a sad event.

My shop, Yarn Garden, in Lawrenceville means so much to me and all my fellow knitters. I have such a good time when I go over there, which is not often because of my work schedule. Carol and Jane, Shirley, and all the girls are the first ones to help me if I get stuck. When I have a pattern that I want to do and don't know what yarn, they spend all the time needed to help me find the right yarn.

I just hope that the economy gets better soon, so that we won't have any more closings.

No comments: