Monday, May 11, 2009

Cooking


I made this applesauce bread today and it is yummy!  The ingredients are simple and very low cost.  It makes a great bread for breakfast, or for a coffee break.  I also made a new recipe for chili.  Chili is a dish that sometimes turns out good and other times doesn't, at least for me.  This is a new recipe that I tried, and though I haven't tasted it yet, it smells good cooking.   Kroger had bone in chicken breasts on sale today, so I bought several.  I am going to roast them and put them in the freezer.  I really like to make things ahead and then all I have to do is take them out and warm them.  Tomorrow I am making chicken salad and egg salad for mine and Randy's lunch this week.  I love to cook, and I think I am a pretty good one.  I have really changed my cooking from down home Southern, to healthy Southern.  I have replaced many things in my cooking to cut the fat and sodium, and to make them healthy, but still delicious.  It can be done, I am proof of that.  I am famous in my family for my potato salad and for my dressing, or stuffing, as some call it.  And, I make pretty mean apple pie.....oh, I am getting hungry....

love ya'll~


No comments: