Saturday, April 2, 2011

Friday Wrap

This was a busy, but quiet week after all the excitement from VisionWalk. As of today, we have raised $4500 and donations are still coming in. Not bad for our first time out.

The Crochet Club is going well. We don't get to meet as much as we need to since we are doing it on our lunch break, but some of the girls have finished their scarves and are ready to move to a new project. I think that we might start meeting after work for dinner or coffee and that will give us more time to work together. I think that we are going to do One Skein Scarf as our next project.

I made it this week in 2 evenings and it is really fun and easy. The finished product looks so cute and there is a hat to match, which I am currently working on. The club is not ready for hats yet, but when they are, this one will be a good one to start with.

Now that spring is here, I am anxious to do some work in my gardens. My perennial border is really taking shape and looking good. My favorite pot that I kept on the sidewalk out front cracked and fell apart this winter and I am going today to look for another one. Crazy as it may sound, I really loved that pot. It was really old and covered with moss and it looked so good in my front yard. I think I am going to buy another clay pot and make moss on it so that it will look old faster.

I also ordered a tomato tree. Don't know how well it will grow, but I am going to give it a shot.

No comments: